Closing out this dispute, at least at the District Court, Final Judgement was entered awarding SiOnyx:
- $1,377,109 in contractual and unjust enrichment damages plus $1,752,017 in pre-judgment interest for a total of $3,129,126;
- post-judgment interest at 2.4% pursuant to 28 U.S.C. §1961, with an accounting of post-verdict sales to occur;
- judgment that the ‘467 patent was willfully infringed;
- addition of Dr. James Carey as co-inventor of the ‘467 patent;
- ownership of nine U.S. patents; and
- a permanent injunction barring infringement of all ten patents by Hamamatsu.
Let the appellate process begin…